Your message has been sent successfully.
The group of specialists who are part of
El Espartano will answer all of your questions.
- The carpet got wet due to flooding. What can I do?
A professional team will have to mop the water up and then dry it with heaters during 12 to 24 hours.
- Must I replace the under-carpet after a flood?
Usually it must be replaced as it is quite difficult to dry it completely.
- Is there a type of yarn that is not prone to mold?
All damp fibers might develop mold. Carpets, even those manufactured with natural fibers such as wool, are not prone to mold if kept dry.
- Are there carpets for people suffering from Asma?
It is important to point out that there is no scientific proof linking carpets to asma or any allergy. However it is important that carpets should be installed in well ventilated rooms and they should be vacuum cleaned regularly with a specific machine.
- How can I have my carpet removed and avoid dust everywhere which I’m allergic to?
Before removing the carpet it should be thoroughly vacuumed. Ask the removers to roll the carpet up as they go uninstalling it. Once the old under carpet has been removed vacuum the floor and only then install the new carpet. Try and not be in the house during the first 24 hours and make sure that all rooms are well ventilated.
- Are there any carpets that don’t give you allergies?
People who suffer from allergies should vacuum clean their carpet at least three times a week and have a professional cleaning service every 12 or 18 months and following manufactures specifications. A carpet acts like a trap, keeping dust and allergens out of the air you are breathing, whether walking on hard smooth floors allows dust to re-circulate into the room. We recommend using a good vacuum cleaner that can hold effectively dust providing an adequate performance.
- Why is my carpet wrinkling?
There are various reasons: bad installation, wrong choice of under-carpet or moving furniture from one place to another. Ask a professional installer to re-stretch the carpet however before he does make sure you have removed all furniture and that the carpet is firmly stretched in all directions.
- What type of yarn is best for a carpet? How do I purchase a long lasting carpet?
Each fiber has its own characteristics however none addresses them all. A carpet durability is determined by its construction and not on the fiber you happen to choose. If you want a resistant and long lasting carpet then you should choose a high density construction. Loop-carpets have a better performance in heavy traffic areas. If you choose a cut loop carpet then you should opt for one that has a strong sturdy twisted cut loop.
- Is professional cleaning really needed?
Correct maintenance is important if you wish to have your carpet for a longer period of time. Carpets should be cleaned by a professional every 12 or 18 months depending on the manufacture advice.
- How often should I vacuum clean my carpet?
It is important to vacuum your carpet at least twice a week. Vacuuming will help to keep you carpet for a longer period of time.
- I have a stain on my carpet. How do I clean it?
We suggest reading the information El Espartano provides to their clients under “Maintenance”.
- Is a under-carpet necessary?
An under-carpet will help extend the lifetime for your carpet. Please check with the manufacturer for the type of under-carpet you would need.
- On stairs. The pile should be inwards or outwards?
To avoid slipping or falls it is best to lay pile inwards.
- What type of carpet should I install on a floor with radiant heating system?
A compact rubber or synthetic under-carpet, not thicker than one centimeter.
- The seams in my room are visible although I was told there would not be noticeable. Can I do something about it or it is supposed to be like that?
No seam is completely invisible. When installing seams should be kept to the minimum amount possible. Seams are less visible when they run parallel to general light, so place them towards the room’s main source of light.
- I have a loop pile carpet and the seams are unraveling. Why is this happening?
All seams must be well sealed to prevent this from happening, probably this was not so in your case.